Followers

Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Working at Frugal

Hello Everyone,
This Frugal Grannie is playing with the 'postcard blade scissor' to come up with these mini-blossums.
*********************************************
The past few weeks I have been working on organizing my craftroom. I have increased my stock of tools, papers and emblishments within the past year. And for the life of me every time I start I get distracted and get a card idea with some of the things I am trying to move to a new spot and then start making a card forgetting about the organizing.  Then when I finished I wind up making a bigger mess. 
 I have been thinking I really need to dicipline myself and not buy anything new for at least 3 months if not more. It's hard to stay diciplined when you Blog Hop and see all the pretty ribbons, stamps, sprays & beautiful collection of design papers.  It's easy to get pulled into all that...I need to use up the beautiful stock of things I am blessed to have already.  And now that I have found Pinterest so many more ideas are there to try with what I already have. Like I did with this card...using the one inch wide Cuttlebug embossing folder and making score lines with my Martha Steward Scoreboard. 
Played with the Scoredboard on the background on this card.

This Frugal Grannie is going to work on standing by her name and stay on track of being a frugal and green Grannie...so I hope you enjoy seeing new ways of using tools that are on hand and  they inspire you.
 Until next time...over and out..be safe


1 comment:

trisha too said...

Lovely cards, and what a great flower technique! You might consider entering in at Word Art Wednesday--it's http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

:)