Followers

Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Old Toy New Fun...Let's Wing It

Hello Everyone,

Antoinette here wanting to share with you some new fun I have been having with my McGill Embossing tools. I have used them to make my flower petals fancier and now I am using them to give my leafs and swirls more dimension. Everything seems to be given more life.

I mainly wanted to share with you these beautiful wings. I made them with the Big Sizzix Angel Wings diecut. I cut two out, embossed both with one of Anna Griffins new embossing folders called Bit of Paislee. She is now collaborating with Provocraft/Cuttlebug company.  What I did different to the top layer of the wing after Cuttlebug embossing...I gently McGill tool embossed the top layer wing. I think it looks gorgeous the way it lays with a sweet uplifted format. It looks like it is fixing to take off in flight. I don't see many cards using the Wing cut design...or maybe I have not looked enough...so I have been trying to use it many different ways. I hope you look at my Blog post 'Wings of a Diva' where I used corrugated cardboard, USArtQuest Mica Chips to fancy up and frame for myself.
I did use three different Cuttlebug Embossing folders on this card.
I took an easier way to share the tools I used  by taking a picture. I did some ink distressing, Martha Stewart glitter pen touches, petal crushing and shaping, On those pretty glitter blue swirl stickers by Pink Paislee I used 'baby powder' to take away the sticky and just added glue where I need to make them work how I wanted.
 
I hope you like my card and you are inspired to adventure on your take of it.  These are...some of my favorite colors...you might have guessed checking out my cards that I put a lot of turquoise and blue in my cards.
 
I hope you come back and visit me...I have some other old toys with new uses I want to share.
And don't forget to come visit me at 'Twist of Faith" Card Challenge for each weeks challenge where I am blessed to be on the Design Team. There are some great prizes by wonderful Artist who transform their whimsical creations for us into Digi's.
Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Scrap World da Leo said...

Wonderful Dear Antoinette. I love your projects..Full of beautiful details.Thanks for sharing with us.
Kisses,
Leo