Followers

Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Fun Pencil Coloring Challenge

My Besties Digital Image-Remix 15 Besties by Sherri Baldy

Hello Fellow Crafters,

I am so excited today to announce I have been given the fun opportunity to join the My Besties UK Design Team.  A new Challenge starts today, Monday, October 20 and runs through Sunday, November 2, 2014 with the THEME: Anything Goes plus Pencil Coloring.  You can enter your cards, scrapbook pages or any paper project up to 3 times but you must use a My Besties/Sherri Baldy image. Please be sure to check out the My Besties UK  Challenge Rules to clarify. I cannot wait to see what you create as I come by and visit your Blogs.

 I decided to create a Criss-Cross card showcasing the precious My Besties image called 'Remix 15 Besties'  Created by Sherri Baldy available in the Scrapbook Stamp Society Store.  There are so many My Besties I love and hard to choose at times which one I want to color and bring to life in my paper project design.  I was thinking Birthday and gift so it narrowed my choice a little. This one caught my eye and these orange, purple and green color choices popped in my head as the My Besties/Remix 15 Bestie look so precious carrying her purse with a lollipop in it.  And what is so awesome about this particular My Besties UK Challenge THEME: Pencil Coloring is I have been doing some research on which pencils are better for coloring digital images. I see so many talented coloring artists out there and I rarely see them share the types of pencils they use...not realizing there are soft, verithin and other choices to use to enhance and perfect your coloring. I found this Youtube Video I am glad to share with you if you are wanting to decide what to get yourself or buy to build your quality of coloring pencil supplies. So I found my choice to be the Prismacolor Verithin pencils. I am so glad  I found this video and built my knowledge. You are getting to see first hand the intense colors the Verithin pencils have...the best part I can share is they are a harder thicker lead that does not break as easy and I like that you can take lesser strokes for a more intense color. Here is the Video given by Gisele Grenier - Comparing Derwent and Prismacolor pencils. I do have some Derwent that I love to use. They have a softness about there touch and the lead that wears down easily at least with my heavy hand they do.  I did use some of my new Prismacolor Verithin pencils for this digital image and I love the way it came out along with some of my Derwent pencils for the hair.



As I worked on designing my Criss Cross card. I decided I was going to make 2 pieces to insert in the card a bookmark and a Birthday note.
Card Recipe:Digital Image: Remix 15 Besties
 Design Paper: DCWV, Bazzill
Embellishments: Flowers/The Rubber Buggy, Ribbon/my stash
Dies: Spellbinders, Martha Stewart edge punch
Sentiments: Anna Griffin, Stampendous


I hope I tickled your creativity to come on over visit and join the My Besties Uk Challenge and check out all the awesome inspiration by the Design Team.. Remember you have until November 2nd to join the fun.  As you stop by to read the rules please notice the preview list of what upcoming Challenge Themes are going to be coming on the same page.  I can't wait to visit your Blogs.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

My Besties Norway - Use colors, Green, Black, Purple, Orange 

Word Art Wednesday #154 - Anything Goes

Pile it On #42 - Cheerfull/Uplifting Message
Southern Girls - Getting Wordy On It
Sister Act #79 - Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps #76 - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps #111 - Purple and Orange

Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out.

 

17 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely card Antoinette such vivid colours love Jane xx

Unknown said...

What a super creation with the tag and insert. Great colors. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 154th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

Unknown said...

Fab card love the colours - Carol xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card lovely colours x

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Love it Antoinette the colors are great best wishes Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Antoinette, I like this image the colours and the embellishments
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Antoinette, I like this image the colours and the embellishments
Kevin xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this criss cross card - great colors and embellishments!! Thanks o much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Michele Cunningham said...

Great criss cross card. love the tags and embellishments Thanks for joining us at http://www.eurekastamps.blogspot.com/

Davinia said...

oh wow!!! she is ready for trick or treating!! love the orange and purple together!!!! Love Davinia xx

Rita said...

Very nice :) Thanks for playing a long with us at My besties Norway Challenge blog :) Hug Rita, DT

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, I love the image and the extras too. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps.
Karal DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

just visiting your wonderful blog today Antoinette.
I just love your work you are so creative and so talented and I am so happy having you on our Team at Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
You always post our Site and Challenges wherever possible, I so appreciate your special hard efforts you put into our friendly little group, you are so diligent and dedicated to what you are involved with and that is truly something I do like about you. Thank you so much MWAH.
Sending big hugs Annette xx

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Cute Card

Thanks for playing with Southern Girls Challenge this fortnight.

Happy Crafting
Sam

Deb said...

Awesome Bright colours Antoinette .. I love it .. Hugz Deb

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Antoinette I like your work
Hugs Tonnie

Karen Oliver said...

gorgeous vivid colours and so many details, Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.