Followers

Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Pixies Fun

My Besties  digital Img 652

Hello Fellow Crafters,

I colored this adorable My Besties digital image652 with Prismacolor pencils even though I did do the skin tones with m Spectrum Noir pens. I was a bad girl and ordered me a tin case of 72 Prismacolor pencils. Amazon.com had them 55%  with free shipping so I went for it. I already had a 12 piece set. I love the way the depth and richness of the colors and they blend so well together before you use a blending solution. These have been my most favorite next to the Derwent pencils. 

I bought and have the complete set of Spectrum Noir pencils but have not become quite comfortable with their waxiness. I don't like the way the wax clumps. I did purchase the majority of the sets at 50% off through Joann.com so I don't feel as guilty just upset with myself I did not research further or just buy one tin. They are not my cup of tea right now. This is my opinion on my purchase and through my use of the Spectrum Noir pencils. They are waxy and colors don't blend well enough to my liking. The colors have a dullness to their waxiness even with me using a colorless blendable pencil and/or Gamsol blending solution.  It could be me. I only viewed a few Youtube videos on the coloring process.  Maybe my hand is to heavy with pressure. I will be sure to have lots of practice future.

Here is a complete look at my fun coloring of these adorable pixies that live in a shoe My Besties Img652.  How sweet are they?

Hope you enjoyed. And if you are looking into purchasing different coloring pencils my tips helped you make a wiser choice.

Until next time...Happy Crafting


No comments: